Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A little of this and a little of that…..

I want to start of and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  Here is a picture of just three things that we have to be thankful for this year.

DSC_4857

Natalie (4&1/2), Megan (2), Michael (3 months)

 

I wanted to share a few tips and some info that will hopefully help you as you shop with the upcoming holiday deals.

I first want to share a tip from Katie a friend, who I have known since Kindergarten.  I haven’t been “playing the drugstore game” since Michael was born, but she found a great deal that I wanted to share.

...at CVS they have SOME shades of L'oreal make up on clearance for 75% off! I've been to 2 CVS's and gotten some! Plus, there were coupons for $5 off 2 and $1 off 1 in the paper. So I just bought $30 worth of make up for $3! Yay! !

I checked the coupon database and it looks like the coupons Katie is referring to are from the 11/14 RedPlum Insert.  The $5/2 is for any L'Oreal cosmetic face product and the $1/1 is for any L’Oreal facial cleanser.  If you can find these they are not only great for “grown-ups” but to use as stocking stuffers for any teenagers.

My second tip is just a coupon tip in general.  Did you know that just because a manufacturer coupon says “Do Not Double” it may still double at the register? If you look at the barcode on the coupon look at the first number.  The coupon will double if the first number is a “5”, if the number is a “9” it will not double.  I know from experience that this is the case with both MARTIN’S and Kroger.  (Just don’t forget that MARTIN’S only doubles one “like” coupon per customer per day.)

The final thing that I wanted to share with you is about Groupon.  I had read about Groupon for a while and finally took the plunge this fall and bought my first one.  It is awesome!  If you don’t know what I am talking about here is the “Ann version”.  Groupon is a coupon that is available to a group usually for one day only that allows you to purchase a coupon to a retailer for a discount.  They are usually valid for 6 months after your purchase.

I bought a Groupon recently for $40 to The Body Shop for only $20.  I am planning on going there and buying a few gifts and maybe a little treat for me as well.  Saturday there was a Groupon for a new doughnut shop near our house – Daylight Donuts.  I was able to buy a $10 Groupon for $5.  I took the girls there this morning for a special treat and we got a dozen doughnuts for only $0.51 with my $10 Groupon.  (So, in reality I paid $5.51.)   The doughnuts are made fresh at the shop and tasted sooooooo good!

Here is a picture of what we came home with.  Can you guess which two I let each of the girls pick out?

DSC_4852DSC_4853

If you are interested in Groupon check out the link.  I will let you know that if you click on that link, sign-up and buy a Groupon within 72 hours I do get referral credit.  If you feel uncomfortable with the solicitation you can just go to groupon.com.  By the way, you can sign-up for Groupon in your area if you live outside of Richmond.  There are both local merchants (like the doughnut shop) and national retailers (like The Body Shop) who participate.

 

Happy Shopping and Happy Thanksgiving!

~Ann

2 comments:

Saving Our Way said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your little ones are precious & Michael is growing so fast!

Ann said...

Thanks! Yes - Michael is growing fast, way too fast!