Sunday, February 27, 2011

My last two weeks of grocery shopping

I have been taking pictures of my groceries after my shopping trips to demonstrate what I buy on my shopping trips and also how I build up stockpile items in my pantry.  I haven’t been doing so great with sitting down and posting the pictures.  So, here are the pictures and the totals for my recent shopping trips.  If you have been watching my shopping trip pictures over the last year or so you may notice that I am buying more fresh fruit these days.  I have recently gone back to Weight Watchers in an effort to lose the extra weight I gained and haven’t lost from my last two pregnancies.  I really like the new PointsPlus Program because most fresh fruits and vegetables are 0 points!  I am snacking on fresh fruit throughout the day and my girls who have always enjoyed fresh fruit are eating more also.  I don’t think that is a bad thing for any of us.  :)

Saturday (2/19/11):

DSC_5764

  • (5) Jif Natural Peanut Butter
  • (2) Blueberries
  • (4) Ziploc Freezer Bag (2 quart & 2 gallon)
  • (2) Smucker’s Orchards Finest Preserves
  • (3) Hungry Jack Pancake Mixes
  • (3) Bags of Missions Tortilla Chips (I found $1/1 peelies on each bag making them only $0.67 each after sale and coupon.)
  • 3.08lbs Bananas
  • Light Wheat Bread (Manager Special)
  • Dole Italian Blend Lettuce
  • Dole Spinach (Manager Special)
  • 5lb. bag GIANT White Potatoes
  • 3lb bag of Clementines
  • Dole Frozen Mixed Berries
  • (3) Stonyfield Yogurt
  • (2) Dozen Land O’ Lakes Brown Eggs
  • 0.73lb. Parmesan Wedge
  • (2) Phillips Crabcakes
  • Gorton’s Tilapia Fillets

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, and tax): $107.62

Final Total (after sales, coupons, bag credits, and before tax): $50.56

Total Savings: $57.06 (53%)

I saved $31.91 with my MARTIN’S BONUSCARD and additional $10 from buying 10 items in the “Smucker’s Stars on Ice” Promotion.  I saved $13.80 with coupons and an additional $1.20 with coupons that doubled.  I also saved $0.15 by bringing my own bags to MARTIN’S (that store didn’t ask if I wanted to donate and I forgot about it after she already gave me the credit. 

Shopping 2/21-2/26/11

I hit several stores this week - MARTIN’S, Costco, and Target.  I don’t have an actual amount for how much I saved at Costco, but because I know my target prices on the things I bought I feel like I purchased things there that are less expensive than what I would pay at the grocery store without a sale.

MARTIN’S 2/21:

photo

MARTIN’S 2/26:

DSC_5813

MARTIN’S (Combined):

  • (2) Hanover Black Beans
  • (2) Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice
  • (4) 16oz. Strawberries
  • Gerber Rice Cereal
  • Nature’s Promise Baby Food
  • Dan-o-nino Yogurt (12 ct.)
  • (2) Perdue Short Cut Chicken (Both - free after I submit my mail in rebate!)
  • (4) Tide Duos (part of $10 prepaid P&G MasterCard promo)
  • Pampers Big Box (part of $10 prepaid P&G MasterCard promo)
  • Puffs Plus Cube (part of $10 prepaid P&G MasterCard promo)
  • Angel Soft Toilet Paper
  • Mentos Fruit Chews (free after coupon and a reward for Megan)
  • 3lbs. Organic Gala Apples
  • 1.85lbs Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
  • (2) dozen Land O’ Lakes Brown eggs
  • (2) Halls Cough Drops
  • Zone Perfect Bar
  • (3) Balance Bars

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, and tax): $120.02

Final Total (after sales, coupons, bag credits, and before tax): $65.20

Total Savings: $54.82 (46%)

If I take off the household items (diapers, Tide, tissues, and toilet paper):

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, and tax): $73.06

Final Total (after sales, coupons, bag credits, and before tax): $33.25

Total Savings: $39.81 (54%)

I saved $29.57 with my MARTIN’S BONUSCARD.  I saved $22.10 with coupons and an additional $2.90 with coupons that doubled.  I also saved $0.25 by bringing my own bags to MARTIN’S (that store didn’t ask if I wanted to donate and the cashier gave me the credit before I could tell him to donate them).  I am also submitting a receipt for the P&G $10 prepaid MasterCard.

Costco 2/23/11:

DSC_5783

  • (3) Half-Gallons Organic Milk ($3 each)
  • Hydroponic Butter Lettuce ($1.50/head)
  • Anjou Pears (5 lbs) ($1.19/lb)
  • Dole Bananas (3lbs) ($0.49/lb – the same price as at MARTIN’S)
  • Chobani Greek Yogurt (12 pk) ($0.84 each)
  • Tangerines (4 or 5 lbs? – $3.99 for the bag)

Final Price (including tax): $34.46

Target:

I didn’t get a picture, it was a bit chaotic when we made it home and since everything needed to go in the freezer it just got put away.  Target had a great deal last week that you got a $5 Target gift card for every 7 frozen food items that you purchased.

  • 10 – Market Pantry Steak & Cheese Frozen Burritos
  • 3- Market Pantry Frozen Lemonade
  • 8 – Bags of Market Pantry Frozen Vegetables (Green Beans, Peas, and Mixed Vegetables)

I earned $15 in Target gift cards and spent $16.91.  If you count the gift cards as cash to spend the next time I go to Target I really only spent $1.91!

No comments: