Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Shopping 2/5/11 & 2/12/11

Saturday, 2/5/11

I actually ran out last Saturday after I was re-organizing my pantry and realized that I didn’t have as many boxes of crackers as I thought I did.  I was already planning on using about a box of them to make Poppy Seed Chicken and to accompany the Buffalo Chicken Dip that weekend.  (The Poppy Seed Chicken was for my in-laws who came over for dinner Saturday evening, and the Buffalo Chicken Dip was for a Super Bowl Party).  I was gathering the next round of coupons and Steve asked me to pick-up four more fridge packs of Diet Coke to take to work.  I also hit Kroger to pick-up a few things that were on the mega sale that ended that day. 

Here is a picture of what I got to finish out last week’s shopping:

DSC_5658

MARTIN’S:

  • (2) Maxwell House International Coffee
  • (5) Ritz Crackers
  • (1) Ritz Munchables
  • (4) Diet Coke Fridge Packs (They didn’t make the picture)
  • (2) Finish Detergent
  • (1) Gallon of Milk (I found 1 more free milk coupon that was going to expire.)

Kroger:

  • (16) Balance Bars
  • (4) Reach Toothbrushes
  • (2) Carmex
  • (4) Dove Deodorant
  • Mahatma Brown Rice
  • (2) Disney Kids Vitamins

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, and tax): $127.94

Final Total (after sales, coupons, bag credits, and before tax): $30.41

Total Savings: $97.73 (76%)

I saved $27.80 with my MARTIN’S BONUSCARD (that includes the $7 off with the $7 off $20 transaction) and $37.18 with my Kroger Plus Card.  I saved $30.10 with coupons and an additional $2.60 with coupons that doubled.  I also saved $0.05 by bringing my own bag to Kroger.  I was in a different MARTIN’S and found out that I can donate my $0.05 for each bag I bring to the local foodbank and donated my bag credits. 

 

Saturday 2/12/11

I made two trips to MARTIN’S and I stopped at Food Lion.  Our 10k training team meets at the John Rolfe YMCA which is over the John Rolfe MARTIN’S, so I pulled my list and coupons together so that I could my groceries for the week while we were out.  I realized when I started shopping that I left the coupons I had printed out at home.  So I picked this up with my first trip to MARTIN’S and my Food Lion stop.

DSC_5761

MARTIN’S:

  • (7) Cans of Hanover Beans
  • Bounty Napkins
  • Mentos Roll (The girls ate part of it as a reward for being good in the store – it was free after sale and coupon!)
  • 0.83lbs. Bananas
  • Cucumber
  • 0.84lbs. Asparagus
  • (2) Grapefruit
  • 0.18lbs. Garlic
  • 5lbs. Clementines
  • 3lbs. Golden Delicious Apples
  • 6.72lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
  • Perdue Cornish Hens (twin pack) – Manager Special
  • 1.60lbs. Top Round Thin Steak – Manager Special (maybe for Fajitas or Stir Fry?)
  • (9) Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables
  • (3) Birds Eye Steamfresh Rice
  • GIANT Edamame (Natalie wanted it, and I couldn’t turn down a healthy choice)
  • (6) Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt

Food Lion:

  • (2) Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels (Free after sale and coupon)

DSC_5762

MARTIN’S Trip #2:

  • (6) Old El Paso Taco Seasonings
  • (2) Old El Paso Refried Beans
  • Fruit2day
  • International Delight Creamer

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, and tax): $110.59

Final Total (after sales, coupons, bag credits, and before tax): $57.84

Total Savings: $52.75 (48%)

I saved $31.09 with my MARTIN’S BONUSCARD and $0.38 with my Food Lion MVP Card.  I saved $9.54 with coupons and an additional $1.95 with coupons that doubled.  I saved $9.79 by finding the cornish hens and top round thin steaks with a Manager Special sticker.(Manager specials ring up at the reduced price and don’t show the original price on your receipt or in your savings report at the bottom of your receipt.)  I earned $0.20/gallon in fuelperks! by buying 8 participating Old El Paso products.  I donated my $0.05 bag credit for each bag I brought to the local foodbank.

How did you do this week?  Feel free to share.

~Ann

No comments: