Thursday, July 1, 2010

More inexpensive and free items at MARTIN’S

Martin's_Logo I hit MARTIN’S yesterday afternoon on my way out-of-town.  My brother is getting married on Saturday and the girls and I have arrived early to hopefully help and not bring more chaos to the craziness associated with the last few days before a wedding. 

I picked up some fresh meat and produce to bring down with us for the next few days and used some more of the coupons from the coupon booklet featuring the store brand items in addition to my weekly coupons that I received in the mail for Richmond area residents.  This week I used the $3 off a $30 purchase, free Turkey Hill Ice Cream, and a free 18 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce. 

Because we have already used some of the items that I bought I only took a picture of the items I got with the MARTIN’S store brand coupons – and as you can see a few of those are missing or have been opened. 

 

IMG_0701

Prices shown are the price I paid after sales and coupons:

GIANT Sandwich Rolls – FREE ($1 off any GIANT Brand Item)

Pure Power Napkins - $0.50 ($1 off any Pure Power or Pure Softness Product)

Nature’s Promise Black Beans (not pictured) – FREE ($1 off any Nature’s Promise Grocery Product)

GIANT Rice Cakes - $0.34 ($1 off any GIANT Brand Snack or Cookie)

GIANT Water (3L) – FREE - $0.20 money maker! ($1 off any GIANT Brand Beverage)

Smart Living Salad Tongs – FREE - $0.50 money maker ($2 off any Smart Living Product)

Nature’s Promise Baby Carrots – FREE - $0.50 money maker ($2 off any Nature’s Promise Meat, Produce, or Bakery Product)

GIANT Ice Cream Cup (not pictured) – FREE - $0.11 money maker ($1 off any GIANT Ice Cream)

CareOne Nail File (2ct) - $0.38 ($1 off any CareOne Beauty Care Product)

CareOne Ibuprofen (24 ct) – FREE ($1 off any CareOne Health Care Product)

I also picked up the following items that aren’t in the picture:

(2) Dole Crushed Pineapple - $0.29 each

(2) Dole Mandarin Oranges (11oz) - $0.49 each

French’s Mustard (20 oz) - $0.49

GIANT Hamburger Rolls  (12 ct) - $1 (I got 2 packages of hamburger rolls, but only one made it in the picture)

GIANT Italian Bead – $1

Vlasic Dill Pickles (32 oz) -$1

Wet Ones Wet Wipes - $1

Parmesan Cheese Wedge - $5.35

3.23lb Bananas - $1.58

2.17 lb Ukrop’s Own Peaches - $3.23

Organic Apples (4 lb bag) - $4.99

4.27lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - $7.66

1.84lb Ground Beef (80/20) - $3.68

(2) GIANT Eggs (1 dozen) - $0.50 each

In addition to redeeming the coupons for the week I also received a $10 MARTIN’S gift card for refilling a prescription this week which I used to lower my out-of-pocket cost.

Shelf Total (before sales, coupons, or tax): $82.33

Final Price (after sales, coupons, before tax): $30.95

My Final Price after redeeming gift card (before tax): $20.95

Total Savings: $61.38 (75%)

I impressed my mom with how much I purchased and how little I spent.  My soon to be sister-in-law has been inspired to start clipping coupons and wants me to “teach her my ways”.

No comments: