Friday, April 1, 2011

MARTIN’S - Big Appetites Call for Big Savings Deal

image

Fine Print: Buy $15 in participating products below *After discounts and coupons in a single transaction with your BONUSCARD between 3/27 and 4/2/11* and get $5 off instantly at checkout.

In the past the $15 usually was just after discounts (which is another term for sale) and not coupons. I don’t know exactly how that is working, and honestly I am not planning on buying $15 worth of these products to do a test run and report back.  I read on Hot Coupon World that people were able to make the purchases with coupons and get the $5 off.  Have any of you tried this deal with coupons?

Speaking of coupons, here is a list of the items included in the promotion and the coupons available.

  • Ragu Pasta Sauce (45oz) –$2.50
  • Wish-Bone Salad Dressing (16oz) – $2
  • Wish-Bone Salad Spritzers (7oz) – $2
  • Skippy Peanut Butter (15-16.3oz) – $1.67
  • Lipton Tea Bags (72-100ct) – $2.50
    • $0.75/2 from 3/27 RedPlum insert
  • Lipton Green Tea – $2.50
    • $0.75/2 from 3/27 RedPlum insert
  • Lipton Ice Tea Mix (74.2oz) – $4.99
    • $0.75/2 from 3/27 RedPlum insert
  • Hellmann’s Big Squeeze Mayonnaise (16.5oz) – $2.49

Here are some scenarios to help you get to the $15:

Scenario#1:

  • Buy 1 Lipton Tea Bags
  • Buy 1 Lipton Green Tea
  • Buy 3 Skippy Peanut Butter
  • Buy 2 Ragu Pasta Sauce

Subtotal = $15

Earn $5 off for buying $15 worth of products

Redeem (1) $0.75/2 Lipton coupon

Final Price = $9

Scenario #2:

  • Buy 2 Wish-Bone Salad Dressing
  • Buy 1 Wish-Bone Salad Spritzers
  • Buy 2 Lipton Ice Tea Mix

Subtotal = $15.98

Earn $5 off for buying $15 worth of products

Redeem (3) $0.40/1 Wishbone coupons (I am assuming you can print 3?)

Redeem (1) $0.75/2 Lipton coupon

Final Price = $8.38

Do you have any scenarios or info on this deal?  Please feel free to share.

Happy Shopping!

~Ann

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Ann, I did this deal with the Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. I bought 10 containers, and even though the shelf tag said they were included in the "get $5" deal, the $5 did NOT come off at the register. I didn't realize it until I got home so I need to go back and have Customer Service adjust my receipt~ but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Ann said...

Thanks for the info Lissa. I hope that you get it straight without any problems. I would normally get the peanut butter, but I did a peanut butter count and I have 17 unopened jars and 2 opened jars (one regular and one honey roasted). I think I am good until the next sale. :)