Friday, August 19, 2011

Why I love coming home on Wednesday afternoons

We have had a busy summer.  We have been out of town several times and had get-togethers and other events that have meant I haven’t had to cook or only bring a side dish.  The bad thing is that we haven’t been home very much.  The good thing is that because of my stockpile and produce box from Dominion Harvest I haven’t had to go shopping for groceries.  (I had organic milk I picked up a few weeks ago at Costco so I didn’t even have to run out for milk.)

Here is a picture of the wonderful produce that they brought me this week.

DSC_8098

Here is a list of what I got:

  • A Head of Bibb Lettuce
  • One Eggplant
  • One Red Pepper
  • Two Green Peppers
  • A Pint of Grape Tomatoes
  • Four Peaches
  • Five Zucchini
  • One Onion
  • Four Tomatoes
  • A Canary Melon
  • A Watermelon

I have been receiving a box every other week.  That was a great decision for us for the summer.  Because of our busy calendar this summer and the minimal produce that my garden has provided we have enjoyed lots of fresh produce this summer.  I have even frozen some of it (like onions and peppers) to use later in sauces or chili. 

I have been really happy with my decision to give Dominion Harvest a try.  The produce is fresh, and I don’t have to go anywhere to pick it up.  But, best of all - it really is almost like Christmas every other Wednesday when I get to unpack my box and find all of the wonderful treasures inside.

~Ann

***Please note this is truly my opinion of a service that I subscribed to for my family.  I pay for a bi-weekly delivery and have not been compensated by Dominion Harvest for this or any previous posts on Ann’s Crazy World.***

2 comments:

debbielynne said...

STILL not available for my zip code :-(

Ann said...

Sorry Debbie. Did you contact them about the possibility of delivering out there next spring?