Monday, August 8, 2011

MARTIN’S Top Deals for the Week of August 7th

logo_MARTINS3

Click here to view an on-line version of this week’s ad. Click here for information about MARTIN’S coupon policy. The ad and the coupon policy are for the Richmond, VA area. There is the possibility of some variances in other areas.

Check out Money Saving Mom for my MARTIN’S top deals in addition to top deals for other grocery stores, drug stores, and discount stores from other deal seekers.

Here are what I consider to be the top deals this week at MARTIN’S. I verify the coupons that I mention with what I receive in my local paper, the Richmond Times-Dispatch (RTD). Coupons are regional so you may not have the exact same coupon or the same face value. Remember what I consider to be a good deal and what you consider to be a good deal may differ. Please feel free to leave me a comment with any deals that you find.

Don’t forget about the Dole promotion that I have shared in previous posts:

  • Save $2 Instantly When you Buy 2 Dole Salads Blends and 2 Kraft Salad Dressings (14-16oz) thru August 27.

Meat:

  • Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Regularly $4.89/lb) – Buy One Get One Free
  • USDA Choice Top SirloinSteak – $4.99/lb
  • Oscar Mayer Beef Franks (Regularly $4.99) – Buy One Get One Free
    • Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 6/19 SmartSource insert
    • $1.99 each after sale and coupon
  • Bob Evans Sausage Roll (16oz) – $3
  • Mama Lucia Italian or Homestyle Meatballs (12oz) – Buy One Get One Free
  • Nature’s Promise Chuck Steak or Roast – $3.99/lb
  • Nature’s Promise Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks – $1.49/lb

Produce:

  • Driscoll Strawberries – $2
  • Virginia Grown Peaches – $0.99/lb
  • Romaine Hearts – $2
  • Grape Tomatoes – $2/pint
  • Fresh Green or Yellow Squash – $1.49/lb
  • Fresh Green Peppers – $0.99/lb
  • Fresh Sweet Corn – $0.33
  • Fresh Cucumbers – $0.67
  • Fresh Eggplant = $1.29/lb
  • Vine Ripe Tomatoes – $1.49/lb
  • Peeled Baby Carrots – $1.67
  • Dole Special Blend Salad or Complete Kit – $2.50
    • Use $0.55/1 blinkie found near product (says Do Not Double)
    • $1.95 after sale and coupon
  • Fresh Northwest Cherries – $2.99/lb
  • Nature’s Promise Organic Peeled Baby Carrots (16oz) – $1.89

Dairy/Refrigerated:

  • International Delight Flavored Coffee Creamer – $1.50
  • Silk Coconut Milk (64oz) – $2.99
    • Buy 3 in one transaction and earn a Catalina Coupon for $2 off your next order
    • Buy 3 and use 3 $1/1 from 7/10 SmartSource insert
    • $1.32 each after coupon and Catalina deal
  • Turkey Hill Iced Tea or Lemonade – $1.33
    • Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 5/15 RedPlum insert
    • $0.83 after sale and coupon

Grocery:

  • Pepsi Fridge Mate or 6 Pack – $3.33
  • Thomas’ English Muffins 6-pack – 50% off
  • Snapple Iced Tea or Juice Drink (12ct) – 50% off
  • Nature’s Promise Natural Tortilla Chips – $2
  • GIANT Brand Pasta – $0.80 each
  • French’s Classis Yellow or Spicy Brown Mustard – $1.50
    • Use $0.30/1 from 6/19 SmartSource insert
    • $0.90 after sale and coupon
  • Wrigley’s Orbit Gum 3-Pack - $2
    • Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 7/31 SmartSource insert
    • $1.50 each after sale and coupon
  • Chi-Chi’s Tortillas – 33% off
    • Prices starting as low as $1.13
    • Use $0.50/1 coupon from 6/12 SmartSource insert
    • As low as $0.13
  • Chi-Chi’s Salsa – 33% off
    • Prices starting at $1.83
    • Use $0.50/1 coupon from 6/12 SmartSource insert
    • As low as $0.83

Frozen Foods:

  • Klondike Bars – 3/$6 **Must Buy 3**
  • GIANT Brand Ice Cream (48oz) – $2.50
  • Morningstar Farms Meatless Foods – $3.33
    • Use $1/1 printable or buy 2 and use $1/2 from 8/7 RedPlum insert
    • As low as $2.33 after sale and coupon
  • Luigi’s Italian Ice – $2.50
    • Use $0.50/1 coupon from 7/24 RedPlum or 6/26 RedPlum inserts
    • $1.50 after sale and coupon

Household:

  • Reach Floss –$0.99
    • Use $0.50/1 coupon from 7/31 SmartSource, 4/17 SmartSource or 1/9 SmartSource inserts
    • Free after sale and coupon
  • Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent (50oz) Regularly $4.09 – Buy One Get One Free
    • Buy 2 and use 2 $0.50/1 coupons from the 8/7 SmartSource insert (only one will double)
    • $1.29 after sale and coupon
  • CareOne Ibuprofen Tablets (24ct) – $1
  • CareOne Extra Strength Pain Relief Caplets – $1
  • Resolve Laundry Stain Remover – $2
    • Use $0.50/1 from 7/17 SmartSource insert
    • $1 after sale and coupon
  • Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner – $2
    • Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 8/7 SmartSource insert
    • $1.50 after sale and coupon
  • Soft Scrub Total – $2.99
    • Use $1.50 coupon from 8/7 RedPlum insert
    • $1.49 after sale and coupon
  • Bounty Napkins (50ct) – $1
    • Use $0.25/1 from 7/31 P&g brandSAVER insert
    • $0.50 after sale and coupon
  • Renuzit Adjustable Air Freshener – $1
    • Buy 3 and use Buy 2 Get 1 Free Coupon from 8/7 RedPlum insert
    • $0.67 each after sale and coupon

Happy Shopping!

~Ann

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have a question that I think you may know. I keep seeing friends on FB talk about all these super double days (or whatever the store calls it) at stores like Bloom, Harris Teeter, Farm Fresh, etc. None of which are very close to us. Does Kroger or Martins ever have days like this?? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for them to have theirs or make a trip roughly an hour away to benefit from these deals. Thanks!!

Ann said...

Jennifer - unfortunately I have not seen those deals in the last 5 years or more at Kroger. (They use to have a super double week where they doubled coupons up to $1) Martin's has had a few weeks where they offer what they call coupon doublers, but you are limited to 4 per household. I haven't seen one of those in Richmond for the last 10 months.

There really isn't any easy answer to your question. There is a Bloom close to the airport which is still about 30 minutes from me and the closest Farm Fresh and Harris Teeter are in Williamsburg.

The majority of my family lives in Tidewater, so if I take my coupons with me when we go visit and if it is a good sale I may get lucky and find the items on the shelf. I have never made a trip just to go get the sale. It is really a personal decision. I have found it frustrating to try to find items in stock in some Richmond stores when there is a really good deal. So, do I really want to spend my time and gas driving at least 2 hours round trip to find a handful of items on sale?

I know that when HT & FF have their deals there is a limit of how many coupons they will double in addition to how many like coupons they will double per customer.

Because I have 3 young children I have just decided that there are some deals that are worth chasing down and some that aren't. I personally don't even shop at Rite Aid any longer because the one closest to me closed and now I have to drive 10 minutes one way to get to the closest one. I can get to almost 3 different Martin's, Kroger, Walgreens, & CVS stores in that same distance.

I know that it is a very vague answer, but like I said it is a personal decision where you need to factor in how much is your time and gas worth. But, if you are going to Busch Gardens for the day it doesn't hurt to check out the ads for those stores and see if it is worth your while to pack a cooler and your coupons. :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks! At least I know what to expect around here. We are from the Tidewater area so we have family down there as well. When we go down there, I can't imagine having time to go grocery shopping while visiting them. I would have to plan a special trip to Williamsburg like you said. I'll have to decide when they come up if it's worth the drive or if I even have time.

It takes me at least 5 minutes to get to Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Food Lion or Martins so going 10 minutes doesn't seem so bad. Kroger is the one I have an issue with. The closest one to me is in an AWFUL area so I refuse to go there. Instead I drive to the next closet one, the new one on 301 in Mechanicsville, and that store confuses the crap out of me. Most of the time I procrastinate until Saturday at which time I decide if it's worth going or if I can live without those items. I'm going there this morning (with all 3 of my kids in tow). :-/

BTW, I have been using the insert method of organizing my coupons but I am finding it more and more difficult to use that method when out shopping. Do you have any special tips for someone starting off with the binder method? I have seen people write what date and what insert the coupon came from. Is there any benefit to do this and if so, what is it? Just seems like a lot of work to me.