Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catalina Deal at MARTIN’S, Summer Clearance, and Freebies!

DSC_8246

I ran out real quick late Tuesday night to check out a few deals at MARTIN’S.  One of the deals that I was checking on was a Barilla Whole Grain Pasta catalina that I had read on-line was working at MARTIN’S affiliates.  I didn’t see any shelf tags, but I decided that I would still give it a try and it worked!  Thanks to the deal I bought three boxes of whole grain pasta for $0.33 a box.

Here is the deal:

  • Buy three boxes of Barilla Whole Grain Pasta and earn a catalina for $2 off your next order.  I read on-line that the catalina is running 9/12-9/25/11, but I didn’t get a print out with the information to verify the dates.

Here is how it works out – what makes it even better is that it doesn’t require any coupons!

    • Buy three boxes of Barilla Whole Grain Pasta on sale for $1 each this week
    • Pay $3
    • Earn a catalina at the end of your transaction for $2 off your next order
    • $0.33 each after sale and catalina

I had three of the coupons for $1 off Barilla Pasta and Sauce and combined it with the catalina deal to pay only $4 for 3 boxes of Barilla pasta and 3 jars of Barilla sauce.

I also found some other clearance deals and freebies while I was in the store.

I found three Febreze Noticeables Warmers on the mark down shelf. They were marked down to $1.94 each – I happened to have with me three of the $3/1 Febreze Noticeables Warmer coupons with me and I was able to redeem all of them and get a little bit of a money maker. 

The summer merchandise is marked down 75% off – I got the large bottle of bubbles for $0.75 and the other two were $0.25 each.  The goggles were $0.50 each.

The Nexcare bandages (8 count) are in the travel section for $0.99 – combine these with the $0.55/1 coupon from the 6/5 insert for free bandages. 

The Balance Bars are $1 each – combine this with the $0.55/1 coupon that was on the front of the 9/11 SmartSource insert and they are also free.  (The coupon says do not double but because the barcode begins with a “5” it will still double.)

I had an internet printable (I think I got it off of facebook a few months ago) that was still valid for $0.50/1 Birdseye Frozen Vegetables.  It gave me a free bag of frozen veggies – something I haven’t snagged in a few months.

My last surprise of the night was the CareOne hand soap.  I had my $1/1 CareOne product coupon from the A Celebration of Savings! Coupon Booklet and was going to get lip balm for my girls, but when I scanned my BONUSCARD at the coupon machine when I walked in the store it gave me a coupon for $0.40 off CareOne handsoap – when I combined that with the $1/1 coupon I got it for free!

I also used my $1/1 Smart Living coupon for the erasers (that were $0.69) and my $1/1 Nature’s Promise milk ($2.99) from the A Celebration of Savings! Coupon Booklet

The total for this trip before sales, coupons, and tax = $54.40

Final Price for this trip after sales, coupons, and before tax = $15.09

Total Savings = $39.31 (72%)

I also earned a $2 off your next order catalina for the Barilla pasta and an additional $0.40/gallon with the purchase of the gloves, Clorox bleach, and Resolve – which is another $8 in savings!

Have you found any great clearance deals or freebies recently?  Please feel free to share.

Happy Shopping!

~Ann

No comments: