Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weight Watchers–Donate your Weight Loss

I have mentioned a few times that I am following the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Plan in an effort to get my pre-babies body back.  Weight Watchers right now has a promotion called Lose For Good.  The concept is that Weight Watchers will donate up to 1 million dollars to fight hunger for every pound members lose.  They also encourage meetings members to bring a donation that will be given to local food banks.  The suggested donation is a food item that equals your weight loss for that week so if you lose a pound you can donate a one pound bag of rice or pasta. 

I wanted to push myself to hit my next mini goal of losing 35 pounds.  (I still have ~15 pounds to hit my goal.)  I hit that goal and I decided to gather 35 pounds worth of food out of my pantry to donate so that I could have another visual of the weight I have lost. 

I took a picture of my 35 pound food donation at Weight Watchers with my phone:

IMG_0268[1]

(It isn’t my best set-up, Michael was “helping”)

I had a total of 10 boxes of cereal, 9 cans of vegetables, 2 cans of tomato sauce, 6 boxes of whole grain pasta, 6 bottles of barbecue sauce, 3 rice mixes, 2 bags of vegetable pasta, and a pound of rice.

I figure that I paid about $10 thanks to sales and coupons for everything I donated.  What a great way to help others and make me realize how far I have come in my weight loss journey. 

~Ann

No comments: