Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kotex Money Maker after fuelperks! and Catalina at MARTIN’S

 

IMG_2914

I just got back from checking out this deal that I posted late last night with my weekly top deals post.  The deal is even better than I thought!

Select Kotex Sanitary Products (excludes U by Kotex) – $3

  • Buy 3 or more Kotex products in one transaction and earn a Catalina for $2.50 off your next purchase
  • Buy 3 and get $0.20/gallon (a 20 gallon max in Richmond)
  • Use the $2/2 pads, $1.50/2 liners, or $1.50/2 Security Tampons coupons from the 8/7 Smartsource insert

I decided to buy 4 packages of the pads because I had $2/2 coupons and I figured that with the fuel savings and coupon it was a better deal to buy a fourth package.  Instead of getting a $2.50 off your next order Catalina (which I was anticipating because I bought more than three packages) I ended up with two $2 off your next order Catalinas.

This deal could be pulled or change at any moment.  I have pictured the three items that printed – two $2 off your next order (with an expiration date 14 days away) and the information Catalina.  It states that from 9/9/11 – 10/2/11 (that’s right it is a few days early) buy two or more and get $2 off or buy three or more and get $2.50 off.

So – how do I figure I got them for free? 

The Kotex are part of the buy 3 get $0.20/gallon added to your fuelperks! balance.  The four packages gave me a $0.20/gallon balance which means when I fill up my mini-van and put the remainder of the 20 gallons in my gas can I will have saved $4 on gas. 

I also got two Catalina coupons for $4 off my next order – that is $4 to spend on anything I want in the store – more Kotex or milk and bread.

Here is the math:

  • Buy (4) Kotex Pads= $12
  • Redeemed (2) $2/2 Kotex pads coupons = (-$4)
  • Paid $8 (plus tax)
  • Earned $4 in fuelperks!
  • Earned $4 in Catalinas towards my next shopping trip
  • Final price = Free!

I made a second trip out to verify that the Catalina is printing for the liners and tampons also.  I also verified that you can pay with one of the $2 Catalinas from a previous purchase and still get a $2 catalina for every 2 Kotex products you purchase.  If you want to make this deal turn into a moneymaker try these scenarios -

Here is how:

  • Buy (6) Kotex Pads = $18
  • Redeem (3) $2/2 Kotex pads coupons = (-$6)
  • Pay = $12 (plus tax)
  • Earn $0.40/gallon in fuelperks! ($8 in Richmond)
  • Earn $6 in Catalinas towards your next shopping trip
  • Final Price = $2 Money Maker after Gas and Catalinas

Another options:

  • Buy (2) Kotex Pads = $6
  • Buy (2) Kotex Liners = $6
  • Buy (2) Kotex Tampons = $6
  • Redeem (1) $2/2 pads coupon = (-$2)
  • Redeem (1) $1.50/2 liners coupon = (-$1.50)
  • Redeem (1) $1.50/2 tampons coupon = (-1.50)
  • Pay = $13 (plus tax)
  • Earn $0.40/gallon in fuelperks! ($8 in Richmond)
  • Earn $6 in Catalinas towards your next shopping trip
  • Final Price = $1 Money Maker after Gas and Catalinas

 

  • Buy (6) Kotex Security Tampons = $18
  • Redeem (3) $1.50/2 = (-$4.50)
  • Pay $13.50 (plus tax)
  • Earn $0.40/gallon in fuelperks! ($8 in Richmond)
  • Earn $6 in Catalinas towards your next shopping trip
  • Final Price = $0.50 Money Maker after Gas and Catalinas

One last thing – even if this isn’t the brand you prefer, or you don’t need this product feel free to buy at least one round to give as a donation item (but please don’t shelf clear).  Women’s shelters and even disaster relief organizations can always use these items – or you can just leave them in the bathroom at your church there is always someone who gets caught off guard and needs something.  ;)

No comments: