Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Produce Box Day!!!!

Check out the great produce I got in my box from Dominion Harvest today!

IMG_2927

  • Long Island Cheese Pumpkin
  • Red Delicious Apples
  • Acorn Squash
  • Green Tomatoes
  • Red Bell Peppers
  • String Beans
  • Bibb Lettuce
  • Mustard Greens
  • White Radishes
  • Parsley

This week’s box is another example of produce that I wouldn’t normally buy because I am either unfamiliar with the item or I wouldn’t have seen it in the grocery store (like white radishes or green tomatoes).  I am really excited to try out these new things, well maybe not the tomatoes unless green tomatoes are really different from red tomatoes. 

Do any of you have any recipes for these new to me items?  I love reading recipes so please feel free to send me a link.

~Ann

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Mom used to make relish with all the green tomatoes we'd pick right before the first frost... and fried green tomatoes comes to mind, though I've never made them. If nothing else, you could chop or puree them and throw them in some chili, soup or spaghetti.