Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week

We enjoyed a nice weekend of being snowed in together.  We actually did get out of the house Saturday and Sunday.  I rented Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Friday afternoon for us to watch as we waited for the snow to begin Friday night.  Just the title of that movie prompted Natalie to ask for Spaghetti and Meatballs everytime I went to fix us a meal (even for breakfast).  We had to go out Saturday to return the movie which led to us renting another movie (A Bee Movie) that we had to return on Sunday.  We did stay on track and even though we went out both days we still ate and prepared all of our meals at home over the weekend.  I had a chance Sunday night while we were finishing up our Spaghetti and Meatballs to plan out our menu for the week.  I even went as far as planning out breakfast and lunch for myself and the girls.  I have already had to do some rearranging because my chicken didn't defrost in time so I switched Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Sunday:
Breakfast - Cinnamon Rolls & Strawberries
Lunch - Grilled Cheese, Chips, and Tomato Soup
Dinner - Salad, Spaghetti & Meatballs

Monday:
Breakfast - Muffins & Fruit
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Frozen Pizza (Steve & the girls) Leftover Spaghetti & Meatballs (for me to take to work)

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Leftover Waffles & Applesauce
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Chicken Noodle Soup (Moved to Wednesday)

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Mac & Cheese
Dinner - BBQ Sandwiches, raw veggies, and chips (Moved to Tuesday)

Thursday:
Breakfast - Yogurt with Granola
Lunch - Leftovers
Dinner - Tacos or Burritos & Refried Beans

Friday:
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Leftovers or Sandwiches
Dinner - Wildcard Night (We may go out or get carry out)

Saturday:
Breakfast - Steve's choice (I have to be at church early for an event so he will be home with the girls)
Lunch - Baked Spaghetti (at church)
Dinner - London Broil, Twice Baked Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Rolls (My FIL's birthday and they are coming over for dinner.)

Anyone have a recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup?  I have a whole chicken defrosting in my refrigerator that I plan on baking then pulling the meat off to make the soup and save the rest of the chicken to make chicken broth.  I have read a few recipes, but I haven't decided on one and will gladly accept any tips.

No comments: