Saturday, May 1, 2010

Maybe MARTIN’S isn’t that bad…

I am still fighting my Ukrop’s is almost gone depression and trying to have a good attitude about MARTIN’S coming to town.  I made another step in that direction tonight.  I was able to get 12 items for $0.24 (including tax)!!!!  The cashier (who was a teenage boy) said, “that is really cool.”The courtesy clerk (also a teenage boy) said “Really $0.24?  This lady knows how to shop!”  I was able to get the low out-of-pocket cost by redeeming the Catalina’s that I earned yesterday from the Shout Advanced stain remover refill ($1) and from the Edy’s Ice Cream Promotion ($4). 

So, what did I get for $0.24?  Here is a picture:

DSC_3230

(2) Dole Mandarin Oranges: $0.49 each

(2) Ortega Taco Seasonings: $0.17 each

(2) Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup: $0.50 each

(2) McCormick Taco Seasonings: FREE

Flipz Pretzels: $0.50

Birds Eye Steamfresh Green Beans: $0.67

Hershey Low-fat Chocolate Milk: $0.30

Dove Deodorant: $1.26

Redeemed Catalinas: -$5

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $16.24

Final Price (after sales, coupons, and before tax): $0.05

Total Savings: $16.19 (99%)

So, maybe I can start to like MARTIN’S.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I found you - I'll be following your Martin's trips. I'll be shopping at the Martin's in Petersburg and Colonial Heights!

Come visit me at:
http://debbielynne.wordpress.com

Ann said...

Welcome debbielynne! I hope that you find my match-ups and tips helpful.