Friday, April 30, 2010

Figuring out MARTIN’S

I am starting to get a feel for MARTIN’S.  I have decided that although I don’t like the fact that they will only double one like coupon per customer per day it is nice that any coupon that is $0.50 or over is doubled to a $1.  I also was able to redeem my $1 Catalina from the Shout Advanced stain remover refill from last week and earn an additional one today with another Shout Advanced stain remover refill (I used it in a separate transaction just to be sure it wouldn’t cause a problem) and earn a $4 Catalina with the Edy’s promo on the front page of the ad.  I was able to use coupons and still earn the Catalina.  I ended up with 2 boxes of Drumsticks & 2 boxes of Frozen Fruit Bars for $6 after coupons and earning the Catalina. I also got free pancake mix and syrup by purchasing coffee and Canadian bacon.  (I spent a total of $5.99 on the coffee and Canadian Bacon.)  I needed to pick-up coffee for church and the Canadian bacon will be great for breakfast or on top of pizza (or both).

Here is a picture of the groceries that Megan and I picked up this morning while Natalie was at preschool:

DSC_3223

(2) Arm & Hammer Liquid Detergent: $1.95 each

Bertolli Pasta Sauce: $0.89

(4) Rice Krispies Cereal: $1.50 each

(2) Dole Mandarin Oranges: $0.49 each

(3) Ortega Taco Seasoning Packets: $0.33 each

(2) Maxwell House Coffee: $2 each

Ritz Munchable Crackers: $1.50

Scotch-brite Sponge: $0.22

(2) McCormick Taco Seasoning Packets: FREE

Mentos Gum: $0.49

(2) Barilla Whole Grain Pasta: $0.50 each

(2) Barilla Piccolini Pasta: $0.50 each

Giant Olive Oil: $3.99

Giant Pancake Mix: FREE

Giant Light Syrup: FREE

Flipz Pretzels: $0.50

Strawberries: $1.50

Oscar Mayer Canadian Bacon: $1.99

Birds Eye Frozen Green Beans: $0.67

(2) Edy’s Frozen Fruit Bars: $2.50 each

New York Texas Garlic Toast: $1.39

(2) Nestle Drumstick Ice Cream Cones: $2.50 each

(3) Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Cups: $0.67 each

(2) Dannon Dan-o-nino Yogurt: $0.85 each

Shout Advanced Stain Remover refill: $3.93

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $102.01

Final Price (after sales and coupons, before tax): $48.64

Total Savings: $53.37 (52%)

How are you doing with MARTIN’S?  Have you found any great deals or special insider tips?

No comments: