Thursday, April 1, 2010

Double Coupon Wednesday and other Ukrop’s Deals

I had an adventure this morning that led to Megan and I not getting to Ukrop’s Wednesday morning while Natalie was at preschool.  It just did not work out for me to get to Ukrop’s in the afternoon before our much needed afternoon naps, so I went to the Carytown store that is just a few minutes from our church after Wednesday night Bible Study.  I had a stack of coupons to use and was happy to find they had what I wanted in stock.  It was already after 9 when we got to the store and since it is not my “normal” store I had to backtrack a few times to find items that I wanted to pick-up.  But, here is the exciting news – I found TONS OF CLEARANCE!  I am going to be very sad to see Ukrop’s officially leave in the next 2 months, but I have to admit I love finding super inexpensive pantry items. 

Here is a picture of my “haul” from Wednesday night:

DSC_2693

I had so many groceries that I had trouble “staging” all of it for the picture.  There are lots of things that are hard to see so, you will just have to take my word for it that it is all there.

  • Betty Crocker Frosting - $0.29
  • Betty Crocker Cake Mix - $0.29
  • (6) Dole Pineapple Chunks - $0.50 each*
  • (23) Food Club Instant Pudding - $0.10 each
  • (3) Food Club Gelatin - $0.10 each
  • (7) Food Club Barbeque Sauce - $0.49 each
  • (4) Food Club Chili Sauce - $0.39 each
  • Food Club Croutons - $1.59 (not on clearance)
  • (2) Food Club Sugar Free Pancake Syrup - $0.69 each
  • Food Club Dill Pickle Spears - $0.69
  • (8) Food Club No Salt Added Tomato Sauce - $0.15 each
  • Food Club Wafer Crackers - $0.39
  • (2) Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour - $0.49 each
  • (2) Hefty Cinch Sak Trash Bags - $3.89 each
  • Kellogg’s Fruit Snacks - $1
  • (4) Dole Mandarin Oranges - $0.50 each*
  • Dole Mandarin Oranges - $1*
  • Sauer Ground Cinnamon - $1.52 (larger size)
  • (3) Sauer Poppy Seeds - $1.87 each
  • (6) Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta – (-$1.50) Money Maker!!!!!
  • (4) Vanity Fair Dinner Napkins - $1 each
  • (2) Valu-Time Cooking Spray - $0.79 each
  • Wheaties Fuel - $1
  • (4) Elmo & Veggie Tales DVDs - $1 each***
  • (9) Band-aids – (-$0.09) FREE!!!
  • (4) Pampers Wipes Tubs - $0.99 each
  • (6) Breakstone Sour Cream – (-$0.66) Money Maker!!!!!
  • Breakstone Sour Cream – (-$0.21) Money Maker!!!!!!
  • Food Club Creamer (32 oz)- $2.69**
  • International Delight Creamer (16 oz) - $0.89
  • (2) Kid Cuisine - $1.50 each
  • (2) Reddi Whip - $1 each
  • Mrs. Smith’s Apple Crumb Cobbler - $1.50
  • (2) Cucumbers - $0.99 each
  • Romaine Hearts - $3.49
  • Strawberries - $2

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $232.34

Final Price(after sales, coupons, before tax): $70.96

Total Savings: $161.38 (69%)

*I found coupons on ebay for $0.50/2 Dole Canned Fruits – I had Natalie helping me and somehow I ended up with 11 cans of fruit so I had to pay the full sale price for one can

**The Food Club Creamer had a 33% off sticker but the cashier missed the thrift sticker and I didn’t realize it until we got home.

***The Elmo & Veggie Tales DVDs were manually marked down to $1 each so the manager had to override the price and the original price and total savings was not shown on my receipt. 

I saved $52.60 in just coupons – that is before the sale price.  I think that is a pretty decent “payday” for the 30 minutes or less it takes me to find and clip coupons.  

How about you - have you found any great clearance items or great deals this week?

No comments: