Friday, January 4, 2013

Frugal Living Tip #4 - Birthday Freebies

Birthday Freebies

We have all been in a restaurant and seen a group of servers circle around a guest and sing "Happy Birthday" and leave behind a free dessert.  It is my birthday this week and I have been overwhelmed with the amount of freebies and discounts in my e-mail.  I have free entrees at Moe's, Qdoba, Noodles, and Mimi's just to name a few.  Free desserts at several restaurants, a $10 discount at Maggiano's, free coffee at Starbucks, a free scoop at Baskin-Robbins, a free doughnut and small coffee at Krispy Kreme, the list goes on and on. I think the ones that surprised me the most were the coupon for $10 off $50 at OfficeMax and $0.50 off Driscoll's berries. 

I have found that it is impossible to redeem so many offers at once, and they vary from good for only two weeks to the entire month of your birthday.   I can only imagine how much weight I would gain if I really did redeem all of those offers!   Because my birthday is so close to the holidays I am done with eating by the time it rolls around.  I have started using other special dates in place of my actual birthday to receive discounts other times of the year.  For example, Steve and I like to go out for a nice dinner around the date that we got engaged.  I have started to use that date as a birthday so that we can pick a nice restaurant and save some money as well.   

Do you have a favorite birthday freebie? 


No comments: