Monday, February 4, 2013

Frugal Living Tip #35 - Open Box Deals

Open Box Deals

Open box deals, are items that someone has bought and returned. It could be that it is some type of electronic device that the store can't resell at full price once it has been opened. I recently found a wheat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid stand mixer in Target marked down on a clearance end cap. It was there because it is an item sold on-line only that got returned to a store. It saved me over $30! I am now slowly learning how to bake with my fresh ground wheat.

My husband was the one who first introduced me to this section of the store when we were dating. We had gone to Circuit City (yes, it was a while ago) and after looking at what he was interested in mentioned the open box section. He picked up several electronic things for us when we were first married thanks to that section.

Like anything you buy just because it is a great deal you need to evaluate whether or not you really need it, can afford it, or will use it. If it doesn't fit any of those categories spending money on something you don't really need, can't afford, or won't use is just wasting money - and that is far from frugal.

Have you ever found something that you were in search of as an open box special?

 

No comments: