Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frugal Living Tip #50 - ShopAtHome.com

ShopAtHome.com

 

I mentioned in two posts last week about ways to save by shopping on-line. In case you missed them you can find them here under tips #44 and #45.

Shopathome.com is a site that offers you a rebate that is a percentage based on the amount you purchase from the on-line retailer. The amount varies, but once you have accumulated $20 in your account they will send you a check. You are really getting paid to shop on-line. I looked back at my account and I primarily used it for holiday shopping. Over the last 2 years I have earned almost $100 back!

It is as simple as going directly to their site - shopathome.com - look for the retailer you were planning to shop with - click on the retailer's icon and start shopping in the window that pops up. I always like to double check the discount code to make sure it gets applied at checkout.

Do you use shopathome.com or a similar site to get cash back on your purchases? Please feel free to share any experiences you have had with these type of sites.

***The link above is my referral link, thanks if you click on it and sign-up through me. My opinion is based on my personal experience and not on any additional compensation from the site.***

 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I recently used a cash back site for the suspended ceiling in our basement. I was able to online order most of the supplies we needed, giving me a nice cash back check. Plus, Lowe's had all the stuff pulled off the shelf for me and I just had to pick it up. I did do a planning trip to the physical store prior to placing the order to pick out the tile I wanted.

Ann said...

That is great Jessica! It is always nice to "earn" a little money when you have to buy something.