Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frugal Living Tip #48 - Grocery Store Fuel Discounts

Grocery Store Fuel Discounts

I have vivid memories from the summer of 2008. I was home adjusting to life with a newborn and a very active 2&1/2 year old. I was going stir crazy in the house - it was too hot to be outside for long with a newborn. Gas was hovering close to $4 a gallon. It cost me over $60 to fill up my SUV. (I know some things have a way of repeating themselves.)

Well, my trip down memory lane has to do with the introduction of a fuel savings program in Richmond. Ukrop's Supermarkets and Uppy's Fuel Centers combined forces and introduced fuelperks! to us. The concept was that when you spent a certain amount you received a set credit off a gallon of gas.

It was a great idea - two things you had to buy groceries and gas!

In the last 5 years, we have lost Ukrop's to Martin's and Uppy's has been bought by another company, but the opportunity to buy groceries and save on gas is still available. In Richmond, Kroger also offers a discount at their fuel centers based on the amount you spend on groceries.

Do you take advantage of the fuel discounts available at the grocery store? Are there other stores that offer this type of discount?

 

No comments: