Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wednesday’s Shopping Trip – Ukrop’s & the “K” grocery store

I haven’t gone to Kroger in a few weeks.  I was actually debating about cancelling my membership to The Grocery Game (TGG).  I went to check when it was going to renew so I could cancel and I had just missed it – so I have it for another 8 weeks.  There were a few deals at Kroger that I decided were worth my time so Megan and I hit Kroger & Ukrop’s while Natalie was at preschool on Wednesday.

Since I got a bunch of meat from Ukrop’s with the Pick 5 for $25 on Monday (and I plan to hit it early Friday morning for the chicken breast) I just picked up a few things there on Wednesday.  I found the croissants on a manager’s special at Kroger (I am a sucker for croissants).  That of course led to the purchase of the ham and cheese at Ukrop’s.  We don’t really eat lots of cold cuts (we are more PB&J people) but when I do I like to get the meat from the deli counter so that I can buy as little or as much as I want and get it sliced really thin so I can stretch it.  I can’t wait for lunch so I can have my ham & swiss on a croissant.

So enough about my sandwich cravings – here is a picture of what I got from both stores with my 21-month-old model and shopping partner:
DSC_2479
Ukrop’s:
Cheerios Cup – FREE
(2) Pepperidge Farm Goldfish - $0.49 each
Zone Nutritional Bar - $0.19 (regularly $1.29 combined with $0.55 off 1 from 2/28 SS)
Danimals Strawberry Smoothie - $1
Danonino Yogurt - $1.29
International Delight - $0.79
Sargento Swiss Cheese - $2.99
Bananas - $1.41
Mango - $0.68 ($0.20 off SPOT coupon)
Yellow Onions (3-lb bag) - $1.49
Strawberries (1 lb) - $2.50
Boar’s Head Honey Maple Ham (0.26 lb) – $2.08
(2) Reusable Grocery Bags – (-0.10)

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $28.74
Final Price (after sales, coupons, before tax): $15.30
Total Savings: $13.44 (47%)

Kroger:
Betty Crocker Frosting - $0.49 (I thought I had a e-coupon for $0.50 but I didn’t)
Fiber One Bar - $0.89
Nature Valley Granola Bars - $1.09
Mini Croissants - $1.50
Fiber One Yogurt – FREE
(2) Betty Crocker Warm Delight Minis – FREE
Chex Mix Bars - $1.29
Nature Valley Nut Clusters - $0.29
(2) Reusable Grocery Bags –(-0.10)

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $25.62
Final Price (after sales, coupons, before tax): $4.45
Total Savings: $21.17 (82%)

Both Wednesday Shopping Trips:
Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $54.36
Final Price (after sales, coupons, before tax): $19.75
Total Savings: $34.61 (64%)

No comments: