Sunday, March 7, 2010

What to expect at Ukrop’s this week

I just looked at this week’s Ukrop’s ad on-line to see if there was another twist being thrown at us this week – especially after the Coupon Doubler two weeks ago and the Choose Your Savings coupon last week.  It looks like this is just going to be a “normal” week.

I didn’t see anything that really jumped out at me this week in the ad, but I may change my tune when I sit down with the ad and start doing my match-ups.  I did see some potentially good deals, but stay tuned and I will have a spreadsheet for you later.  :)

On a side note – when we were on our short trip to Philadelphia this past weekend I did get a chance to visit a Giant grocery store (one of the names that Giant-Carlisle operates under) to get an idea of what to expect when the Ukrop’s stores are converted to Martin’s stores.  The store we ran into was a very large store and had a large produce section.  There were two things that impressed me.  In the produce section there were digital scales where you could weigh your produce and find out the total cost so that you can just ring it up when you go through the line.  The other thing that I thought was a great idea that you don’t normally see in grocery stores (outside of places like Target & Walmart) were price scanners throughout the store.  I have often wondered why more stores don’t have these installed.  I love them and it can be great entertainment for little ones.  I am not going to mention the things that I thought were negative about the store.  I am still trying to be open minded and only dwell on the positive. 

I have to go get ready for church and see if the girls are able to get up – we didn’t pull into our driveway until after 10 last night so I have a feeling everyone is going to be dragging this morning.

No comments: