Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly Grocery Shopping – Costco & Ukrop’s Double Coupons

I had a rather good shopping week last week with all of the meat I picked up with the Pick 5 for $25 Meat Sale last week.  Because of my “haul” last week I had a really short list of what we really needed – or that I was willing to bring into the house and find a place for it in my pantry.  The main things that we needed were some produce and paper products.  I hit Costco last night to price check some items for a retirement reception I am in charge of at our church in a few weeks and picked up a few things there (in addition to some really cute Spring & Summer dresses for my girls).

I picked up a few things at Ukrop’s today that I normally wouldn’t but are pregnancy related cravings.  The first is watermelon off the salad bar.  I can’t get enough of it right now.  The other “splurge” was decaf coffee.  I have discovered that caffeine does not agree with me right now (I accept you sympathies) and so I wanted to try some decaf coffee.  I found the Ukrop’s “perfect pot” size bags on clearance for $0.59 each (they were normally $1.49).

Here is a picture of my Ukrop’s purchases from this morning and my Costco purchases from last night. 

DSC_2540Costco:

Bananas (3lb) - $1.32

Organic Baby Carrots (5 lb) - $5.79

Butter (4 1lb packages) - $6.69

Total (before tax):  $13.80

Ukrop’s:

Bounty Napkins - $1.89

(2) Gain Laundry Detergent - $3.99 each

Plumsmart Juice - $2.89

(3) Ukrop’s Decaf Coffee (Perfect Pot Portion) - $0.59 each

White House Natural Apple Juice - $0.99

(2) Zone Nutritional Bars - $0.19 each

Dan-o-nino Yogurt - $1.29

Organic Iceberg Lettuce - $1.59

Salad Bar (Watermelon) - $2.34

Shelf Price (before sales, coupons, or tax): $36.83

Final Price (after sales, coupons, before tax): $20.97

Total Savings: $15.86 (43%)

Total cost of both shopping trips (before tax): $34.77

I will probably pick-up some milk on Saturday with the one day deal at Ukrop’s, but other than that we should be ok until next week.

No comments: