Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Free Chinet Plates and some other good deals

I needed to run out this morning and pick-up a few things for the things I needed to do for the day. I knew that I could get FREE Chinet plates this week at Ukrop's. They are on sale 2/$4 and I have $2 off Chinet lunch plates. I found out late last week and ordered 20 $2 off Chinet coupons off of eBay. They arrived yesterday and I was ready to go shopping today. (For the record I am not paying for the coupons, but for the time and services of the person who prepares them.) I had a few from the paper a few weeks ago, but I was planning on getting the plates and using them at church. I only used a few of the Chinet coupons today. I didn't want to be called a "shelf clearer" so I will probably visit several different stores this week to use all of my coupons.

Here is the summary of my Ukrop's trip:

6 packs - Chinet Lunch Plates = FREE
Food Club Hot Dog Rolls = FREE
4-Hunt Snack Pack Puddings (4 count)= 0.52 each
2- Kraft Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Blocks = $1 each
2- Kraft American Cheese Slices (16 slices) = 0.93 each
2- Oscar Mayer Beef Franks = 1.50 each (I also had a coupon for buy 2 get a free pack of store brand hot dog rolls)
3 pounds of Organic Gala Apples = 4.99
1.30 lb of bananas = 0.38
2 - Cucumbers = 1.78
1 pint of Grape Tomatoes = 3.49

Final Price (after coupons & before tax) = $19.06
Total savings = $43.30 (69%)


I also hit "the K grocery store" for some deals I couldn't pass up. I was all out of gallon size zip-top bags and needed to keep them on hand for my Amish Friendship Bread starter.

Here is the summary of my "K grocery store trip"
8- Hefty One Zip Gallon Bags (13 count) = 0.50 each
7 - Dial Liquid Hand Soap = 0.30 each
6 - Shamrock mmmmmilk (3 chocolate & 3 whole) = FREE
1/2 gallon of Private Selection Organic Soy Milk = 2.29
Final Price (after coupons & before tax) = $8.39
Total Savings = $40.24 (82%)
Not too bad for a quick trip out.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Hmm, I must check out the cheese since it's on my needs list this week.