Saturday, September 12, 2009

Super Saturday Savings!!!!!!!

We started off our outing by getting a late lunch. We had a late breakfast and Megan was taking a nap so after she woke up we went to The Olive Garden for lunch (at ~2:30) for the Never Ending Pasta Bowl. Steve & I enjoyed our pasta, salad, and breadsticks while Natalie got a meal from the kid's meal and Megan sampled everything. I had suggested we go there so that we wouldn't really need to worry about dinner later on and I had a coupon for $4 off 2 entrees - that made the Never Ending Pasta Bowl only $6.95 each instead of $8.95 each. We walked out of there stuffed and our meal was ~$25 including tip. (Steve took care of the bill so I am calculating in my head what it should have been.)


Would you believe that each of these items were $1 or less at Target after I combined sales & coupons? (Do you like my 15 month-old hand model?)I was very proud of buying the Glade candle tins at Walgreens earlier this week for $1 each after coupon, but I found any even better deal at Target this afternoon. They were on sale 3/$5 or $1.66 each (before coupon). I looked in the tins to see if they had the $1.50 off coupon inside them that I had found when I was at Walgreens. Unfortunately, some other shoppers had gone through all of the tins on the shelves and had taken them. (That would have been an awesome deal.) I did have a $2 off of 2 Glade scented candles coupon that I was able to use so I got the tins for $0.66 each. I also had 2 coupons for FREE Glade candle refills when you purchase a Glade candle tin. That means I got 2 candle tins and 2 sets of refills (that also had a bonus candle in each pack) for $1.32.

The Schick Quattro Razor was a money maker (MM) for me. I found a razor with 2 refill cartridges for $7.84 - I had a Target coupon (from the Sunday paper a few weeks ago) for $4 off and a manufacturer coupon for $4 off. The coupons usually adjust to the price, but this one didn't so I made 0.16 on each razor I "purchased".

The Dove deodorant was another good find - I had a $2 manufacturer coupon from the Dove website and a $1 Target web coupon that made my final price for the deodorant $0.64!

I found out from a posting on Hot Coupon World about Rimmel mascara for 0.29 after coupon and clipped my $2 coupons from the paper and got 6 tubes of mascara that were regularly $2.29 for $0.29 each!

The Cheerios cup was FREE thanks again to a Target web coupon and the Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush 2-in-1 was FREE thanks to a manufacturer coupon. I had to purchase a Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel (not pictured - that was $2.94 after coupon) and I got the Fresh Brush (that was $6.29) for free.

These are my Walgreen's deals: (Isn't the model doing a great job?)

The candles are just more of the same candle deals I got earlier this week. I found more of the $3 off of 2 Glade Fragrance Collection coupons and after RR I was able to get all of the 2oz candles for FREE. I was also able to get one more Glade Sense & Spray for FREE after RR. I found one coupon for $3 off a Glade Fragrance Collection product and applied that to the large Glade candle after RR it cost 0.99.

The backpack was a bonus find. Natalie needed a backpack for preschool and it needed to be large enough to hold a folder. We looked in Target hoping to find one on clearance with the back-to-school stuff and didn't have any luck. I thought to look in Walgreens when I was buying the candles and saw they had them marked down 50%. It isn't a high quality back pack, but it will be great for preschool and she was very excited when she saw it and tried it on. I ended up getting the backpack for only $3.45 by getting it on clearance and redeeming a $2 RR. Perfect!

We rounded out the day where I got 4 more bags of Nature Valley Nut Clusters for 0.66 each and 2 jars of baby food for free at Ukrop's. I will give the baby food to someone at church.

I do want to let you know that I did buy other things while we were out today, I bought a lunch box for Natalie to take her snack in to preschool, hair barrettes for the girls, some pants for Natalie. Steve was very proud of himself and found a BBQ set that had originally been $49.99 on Target.com in the store for $12.50. We found a Wii game marked down 50% and he also found a Ball canning set on the clearance rack. I am seriously considering learning how to can fruits and vegetables.. I'll talk more about that later. Right now it is time to get myself ready for tomorrow.

Peace Out!

No comments: