Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ooops!

I have to apologize for giving you misinformation. In my previous post about my plan of attack for Ukrop's I said that there was a 0.75/2 coupon for Old El Paso products and I was wrong. It was for Ortega. I realized it when I was shopping. I did the same thing one other time where I actually bought the Old El Paso brand and gave the cashier an Ortega coupon, she forced it through and I didn't realize it until I got home. I made the purchase at a Food Lion in Lynchburg that was having a triple coupon deal. I was so excited about all of the free and almost free stuff I was getting that I didn't realize that I picked up the wrong product to use with my coupon until I was back in Richmond.

I also found out thanks to a friend that there was a 0.50 off 6 Yoplait yogurt cups that was available on-line through http://www.smartsource.com/. I also found the same coupon on the http://www.ukrops.com/ website. There is a tab for "weekly ad" under that tab from there you can choose online coupons and select coupons to print from your home computer. I have not had any problems using internet printables (IP) at Ukrop's. They have started to refuse any IP over $2 or any that are for "free" product because of coupon fraud.

I still used my "plan of attack" for Ukrop's I just ended spending $8.67 before tax instead of $7.17. It was still a savings of $12.50 or 59%. Not bad for things that I can keep on hand for college students, side dishes to send to someone when I take them a meal, or veggies to heat up for lunch or dinner. I will try to post a picture later. I know you are dying to see pictures of my groceries. :)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Oh yes, I am chomping at the bit to see what groceries you got! :)