Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Ukrop's "Plan of Attack"

Ukrop's for the first time ever - or at least that I am aware of - is having a promotion that if you buy $20 of select General Mills items you get $5 off your order at the register. I did call to confirm that it was being taken off your order and they are not giving you a slip to hold on to for your next purchase. I did not find out if there is a limit on how many times you can do this deal. You can check out the weekly ad here at www.ukrops.com


I sat down with the ad and figured out how I am going to get $21 worth of groceries for only $7 after this deal and coupons.

Here is my plan (It will only work on Wednesday because that is the only day that they double coupons up to 0.50. Ukrop's will not double more than 5 like coupons per transaction.):

Old El Paso Refried Beans 4 cans = $5
Green Giant Simply Steam 4 bags = $6
Betty Crocker Warm Delights 4 packages = $6
Betty Crocker Simply Potatoes 3 boxes = $4.17
Total = $21.17
Take $5 off for spending $20 -$5
Old El Paso 0.75/2 (2 coupons) -$1.50
Green Giant 0.50/2 (2 coupons) (doubled)-$2
Betty Crocker Warm Delights 0.50/1 (4 coupons)(doubled) -$4
Betty Crocker Simply Potatoes 0.25/1 (3 coupons)(doubled) -$1.50
My grand total before tax = $7.17

Here are some other good deals I am hoping to get tomorrow as well:

Wonder Whole Grain White Bread 0.99 a loaf

Yoplait Yogurt cups are 2/0.88 - I have a coupon for 0.40 off of 6 that will double on Wednesday which makes them $1.84 for 6 cups (0.31 each).

Bounty Paper Towels (8 rolls) are 5.88 - I have a $1 off coupon so 4.88 or 0.61 a roll

I won't get this because we don't really drink soda, but Coke 6 packs of 16.9oz bottles are 5/$10. That is a good price if you like the individual bottles.

Jif Peanut Butter is 4/$5 with the savings spot coupon (limit 8)
Smucker's grape jelly (32 oz) is 0.99 - I have a coupon for $1 off when you buy 1 Smucker's Jelly & a Jif Peanut Butter. This is redeemed by Smucker's so you can't combine another Smucker's coupon with it, but you can get a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly for $1.24. That makes for some cheap PB&J - especially when you combine it with the 0.99 loaf of whole grain bread.

Tostitos & Frito Lay Jar dips are 2/$6 - there is a coupon for buy 2 bags of Tostitos get a free jar of salsa - so for $6 you can get 2 bags of chips and a jar of salsa.

Freschetta Pizzas are $4.99 - there is a $1 off coupon making them $3.99 (great to leave for sitters!)

Pampers Jumbo Size Diapers (19-50 ct) are $8.99 - there is a $2 off coupon making them only $6.99 a pack.

I noticed in the store last week that the CLIF Mojo bars are on a multi-week deal for $1 each. There is a coupon in the summer Mambo Sprouts for 0.50/1 - if you go on Wednesday you can get them for FREE! (Remember don't get more than 5 at a time.)

Those are the high points. I didn't really look at the meat sales because I am rather stocked up on meat right now. If I see something marked down I may consider it.

Happy Shopping!

No comments: