Monday, October 26, 2009

Last week's Walgreens run


I am late in posting my picture and my deals from Walgreens last week. I ran there real quick Friday afternoon before I had to run home and get ready to celebrate with a friend who got married on Saturday. I started off with $32 in RR.

I got everything in 2 separate transactions -

Transaction #1:

Zantac - $8.99 (for my FIL) (sale price)

(3) Theraflu - $4.99 (each, sale price)

(8) Halloween Pencils - $0.25 each

Subtotal: $32.46 (before sales & coupons)

(-1.50) Zantac coupon

(-1.50) Theraflu coupon

(-3.00) off 2 Theraflu

(-1.00) Halloween Pencil Special

(-14) Redeemed RR

Final Price (before tax): $4.96

Total Savings: $27.50 (85%)

Earned $17 RR

Transaction #2:

Zantac - $8.99 (for my FIL, sale price)

Halls Refresh Drops - $1

Dentek Dental Floss - $2

(3) Triaminic Strips - $4.99 (each, sale price)

(8) Halloween Pencils - $0.25 each

Subtotal: $39.84 (before sales & coupons)

(-1.50) Zantac coupon on box

(-0.50) Hall's Refresh coupon

(-1) Dentek Floss Coupon

(-$1.50) Triaminic

(-$3) off 2 Triaminic

(-$1) Halloween Pencil Special

(-$18) Redeemed Register Rewards

Final Price (before tax): $2.46

Total Savings: $37.38 (94%)

Earned $20 RR


2 comments:

Miriam said...

Just curious, what do you do with all the meds (Theraflu, Triaminic...)? I've considered doing some of those deals for the RRs, but those are meds we use and I haven't figured out what to do with them if I would get them just to roll RR's.

Ann said...

I probably wouldn't buy them if I wasn't a pharmacist and knew what medications to use to treat what symptoms. I try to make sure to get medicine that will treat generic symptoms, like sneezing & cough. The Triaminic that I got is strictly an antihistimine (12.5 mg of diphenhydamine) and will work for runny noses or coughs and I got the strips so I can take them with us if we are going anywhere - even Steve and I can use them if we get in a pinch.